City-wide celebration follows official re-opening of COSI to the public on June 3
This daylong celebration invites individuals, families and organizations to take time to publicly ‘thank science,’ and take part in an activity that celebrates science or supports science literacy. People who are participating in the day-long celebration are encouraged to join in the community conversation by sharing posts and photos on social media using #ThankYouScience and #cosireopens to potentially win fun prizes throughout the weekend, including tickets, family memberships and COSI Connects Kits.
“This past year has truly elevated the role and importance that science plays in society and for world safety. Science has not only made it possible for people across the world to reunite with their loved ones after an isolating 15 months, moreover, science is single-handedly responsible for society opening up again. We are thrilled to be able to leverage science to safely reopen our doors to the community,” said COSI CEO and President, Dr. Frederic Bertley. “This ‘Celebration of Science Day’ is a fun and engaging way for people to show their appreciation for science as we and the rest of society open our doors.”
To inspire people on ways to take part in the ‘Celebration of Science Day,’ COSI offers the following ideas:
- Reserve a ticket for COSI’s opening weekend online
- Post a photo of reuniting with a fellow vaccinated friend or family member using #ThankYouScience
- Create and post a science-inspired haiku – you can find some inspiration from Dr. Bertley’s daily haikus on Twitter!
- Share a story online that shows what science has meant to you the past 15 months
- Share a photo of your family enjoying a trip to COSI – either pre- or post-pandemic
- Watch an episode of QED with Dr. B on demand on COSI.org
- Gift a COSI Connects Kit for a classmate or neighbor in need
- Make a donation online to support COSI’s future programming and community projects
- Follow COSI on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
COSI will reopen to the public on June 3, 2021. For up-to-date information on the re-opening and to reserve your tickets, visit www.cosi.org.