COSI Code of Conduct
COSI is a participatory, hands-on environment. We invite you to have fun and use the exhibits actively while being respectful and considerate of others. Therefore, COSI prohibits unwelcome behavior or conduct of verbal, written, graphical, or physical nature that interferes with any COSI Team Member’s work environment or any guest’s ability to make use of COSI’s exhibits, or creates an unsafe, intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment for any Team Member or guest. Such behavior is prohibited in all areas of COSI and on COSI’s property. COSI reserves the right to refuse admission or revoke admission without warning and without refund to anyone who fails to comply with these expectations or behavior deemed inappropriate by COSI Team Members.
- When issued, guests are required to wear and show issued wristbands or tickets.
- Photography and video recordings with small, non-intrusive hand-held devices are permitted in most permanent exhibit galleries for personal use only, unless otherwise noted. The use of equipment deemed intrusive to COSI exhibits or guest experience is not permitted.
- All purses, bags, backpacks, and parcels are subject to search at any time.
- Tobacco use of any kind (including smokeless tobacco, smoking, vaping, and e-cigarettes) is prohibited in COSI’s building. Tobacco use is permitted only in designated outside areas.
- Excessive use of alcohol or being under the influence of illegal substances is prohibited.
- Guests are not permitted to enter the building without shoes and appropriate clothing. Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics, and clothing that may be otherwise viewed as inappropriate for a family environment are prohibited.
- Except for qualified service animals, dogs and other animals of any kind are prohibited inside COSI’s building.
UNWELCOME BEHAVIOR – GUESTS ARE PROHIBITED FROM:
- Engaging in, attempting, or threatening to commit an illegal act.
- Any activity endangering the safety of others, including running, pushing, shoving, or similar activity.
- Using personal transport devices (skates, wheelies, etc.). Devices necessary for personal mobility (strollers or wheelchairs) may not be used in a reckless, negligent, or unsafe manner.
- Possessing weapons of any kind in the COSI building or on COSI’s property.
- Any physical, verbal, graphical, or written conduct that is considered unwelcome, disturbing, and/or offensive by any Team Member or guest.
- Unauthorized soliciting of any type.
- Hindering the use of COSI by others, or the ability of Team Members to perform their duties, including blocking passage or easy access to exhibits, facilities, and equipment.
- Using COSI for other than its intended purpose or for other than normal and reasonable functions.
- Vandalizing, misusing, or damaging COSI’s exhibits, building, or property.
- Trespassing in areas restricted to Team Members.
- Youths 12 years of age and younger are not permitted in COSI without an adult chaperone at least 18 years of age.
If there is an emergency, follow all prompts and directions provided by COSI Team Members and emergency personnel. Please direct any questions to 614-228-COSI or in person to Guest Relations.