Daily Building Operations Status
Updated 3/27/2020 4:00 PM
A Message from COSI Regarding COVID-19
At COSI, the health and safety of our guests and team is our number one priority. COSI is also actively employing cleanliness practices set forth by state and local health officials. These actions include:
- Utilizing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting techniques throughout COSI;
- Encouraging effective personal hygiene;
- Deploying additional hand sanitizing stations in key locations at COSI.
Here are important tips to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough. Throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands. If no tissue is available, cough and sneeze into your shoulder or elbow. If you cough or sneeze into your hand you should immediately clean your hands thoroughly, and do so every time you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often, especially when returning home or entering a facility. When available, wash your hands with soap and warm water, rubbing your hands vigorously together to scrub all skin surfaces. Wash for 20 seconds. It is the soap combined with the scrubbing action that helps to dislodge and remove germs. When soap and water are not available, alcohol-based disposable hand wipes or gel sanitizers of at least 60% alcohol are recommended. If using a gel, rub the gel in your hands until they are dry. The gel does not need water to work; the alcohol in the gel kills germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth (“the T zone”). Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth. Germs can live for a long time (some can live for several hours or longer) on surfaces like doorknobs, desks and tables.
- When you are sick or have flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home, get plenty of rest and check with a health care provider as needed. Remember: keeping your distance from others may protect them from getting sick.
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick.
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
For the most up-to-date information on COSI operations, please check COSI’s webpage and COSI social media channels. As a leader in science communications, we will continue to post content to ensure your family is informed and prepared.