Reservations for the 2020-21 school year will open on Sept 8th at 10:00am eastern! We hope to have dates and times available mid-August. Please check back soon!
Surgical Suite: Total Knee Replacement *
Students get a surgeon’s eye view of a total knee replacement, LIVE from the operating room at Mount Carmel Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Interact with the orthopedic surgeon and the entire operating room team, while exploring medical careers and reviewing the anatomy of the human body.
With the included kit of materials, you can extend the discussion beyond the videoconference. Activities include:
- Virtual Knee Surgery: Complete a virtual knee surgery using on online flash-based activity.
- Be a Surgeon: Construct a simple hinge joint to learn how it works.
- Diagnostic X-rays: Use x-rays to determine the structural imperfections in the knee and use them as a diagnostic tool.
- Treatment Options: Develop an understanding of treatment option for knee pain.
- It’s Hip to be Square: Simulate tying a knot during surgery using needle clamps.
- Wash Those Hands: Demonstrate the importance and difficulty of maintain a sterile field.
- Run Time: 90 Minutes