Reservations for the 2020-21 school year will open on Sept 8th at 10:00am eastern! We hope to have dates and times available mid-August. Please check back soon!
In Depth: Autopsy *
Follow along with a recorded human autopsy narrated by a pathologist from The Ohio State University. Get an in depth look at human anatomy as you view the y-incision, organ block removal and dissection of individual organs. Compare normal and abnormal tissue in the histology study. Collect data, review, analyze, research and finally, declare cause of death in the Autopsy Report. Be sure to ask the pathologist any questions you have during the autopsy.
With the included kit of materials, you can extend the discussion beyond the videoconference. Activities include:
- Brain Games (nervous system): Conduct activities exploring the different areas of the brain and the tasks associated with those regions.
- Spectacular Stents (cardiovascular system): Conduct activity demonstrating the act of implanting a stent into a blocked artery.
- Breathe Easy (respiratory system): Create a model lung to demonstrate the function of the diagram, with exploration of respiratory disease and their effects.
- Investigative Medicine (digestive system): Research conditions of the bowel to better understand their functions, analyze key differences in condition, detection and treatment and apply new information to test and diagnose a patient.
- Histology: Research, analyze and diagnose through the comparison of normal and abnormal (digital) histological samples.
- Autopsy Report: Integrate information gathered through observations, determine cause of death and communicate and defend your hypothesis.
- Run Time: 90 Minutes