1. Lay the craft stick along one long side of the card, so equal segments of the stick extend beyond the card at each end. Tape the stick to the card along both sides of the stick.
2. Place an eraser on each end of the stick, then tie the string to the stick beside one eraser.
3. Stretch the rubber band around the ends of the erasers, making sure that it is not twisted.
4. Wrap the free end of the string around your fingers a few times and hold it tightly.
5. Whirl the buzzer over your head or in front of you. What causes the sound that you hear? Try making one without a card. What happens? What purpose does the card serve? What happens if you stretch the rubber band on the buzzer so one side of the rubber band is more taut than the other? What happens when you whirl the buzzer at different speeds? Why?
2.1, 2.2, 5.7
Y2002.CSC.S03.GKG-02.BB.L02.I01; Y2002.CSC.S03.GKG-02.BB.L02.I02; Y2002.CSC.S03.G03-05.BF.L05.I07
© Copyright 2016 COSI. All rights reserved.
cosi.org powered by WOW Business Enterprise Cloud.